Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Poison Nail Lacquer Review, Photos and Swatches


Another day, another green nailpolish. I reviewed Illamasqua's Viridian a few weeks ago and this week, I have OCC's Poison. Poison is part of OCC's Unknown Pleasures Fall 2014 collection as is the shade Technopagan, which I reviewed here. Poison is a metallic, smoky, silver-ivy green shade. 


I've found that all the OCC polishes I've tried are a good consistency - not too thick and not too thin. They tend to apply evenly and are opaque with two coats, though I tend to do three just to be sure.


I love this colour. It's green, but it's got some smokiness to it, so it's muted. The metallic silver sheen of it is pretty too. It makes it sophisticated and edgy at the same time. Compare it to Illamasqua's Viridian and the two are very similar in tone, but Poison is smokier, muted and silvery. 

Poison made me think of autumn for some reason. Like grass and leaves with a touch of frost on them.


Wear-wise, Poison lasted on me about a week before I removed it. It had average wear-time, no less and no more than most other polishes. 

I'm a huge fan of OCC polishes. I wish they were sold in Canadian Sephoras like the lip tars are!

Grade A

C.

Other Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquers reviewed by Beauty Squared:

Technopagan
Zoom Zoom



No comments:

Post a Comment