Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Technopagan Nail Lacquer Review, Photos and Swatches


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Fall 2014 collection, Unknown Pleasures, came out online in August and the beauty folk on the internet went a little wild. Specifically, they were enraptured by Technopagan the lip tar (here, here and here) and the matching Technopagan nail lacquer.

I am not brave enough to wear a blue-purple lip colour, so I have not purchased or tried Technopagan, though it does look pretty spectacular (see links above). However, I am all over a blue-purple nail colour.

OCC nail lacquers aren't available in Sephora stores in Canada, so I ordered it through Sephora.ca. Of course, OCC nail lacquers are only $10 US so ordering it online isn't ideal since shipping will cost more than the actual purchase! 

Technopagan is described as a metallic blackened purple with blue pearl. The texture is a touch on the thick side, but it applies nicely.



Ingredients
I feel that Technopagan tries pretty hard to be a duochrome but it just isn't one. See how in the bottle it flashes blue and purple? On my nails it looks mainly blue with just a hint of purple in the shadows.

It's a very pretty, very cool colour though. I could not capture the purpley nature with my camera flash, so I took some not-so-clear photos without it and that's where you can see the purple.
With flash

Without flash

Without flash

Technopagan is a fantastic colour. I have nothing else like it in my polish collection. It flashes and glows and reads a shimmery blue and sometimes purple. I got a lot of compliments wearing it.

Wear time is pretty average on me. I got about four days before tip wear was unignorable but I had no chipping after six days. 

OCC Nail Lacquers are available on Sephora.ca, and on OCCmakeup.com. The are $10 US and come in 0.5 oz bottles.
Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment