Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara Review and Swatches


I'd never tried Tarte makeup before, so when Jill had an extra Tarte Stop & Stare SmolderEYES Liner and Lash gift set, I happily took it off her hands. The Stop & Stare SmolderEYES Liner and Lash gift set contains three Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liners, two SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liners, and a sample size of their Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara. Since the gift set was a limited edition set for the 2013 holiday season, I opted to review the items in it separately.

I'll review the Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara in this post. The Tarte website has this to say about it:

A lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara infused with olive esters to condition, treat, and protect lashes. 
Our lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara could be considered a push-up bra for your lashes—a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) plus it’s dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume. 
The sample size is 0.16 oz and the full size is 0.24 oz. It costs $19 USD and comes in black.



The brush in the sample size appears to be the same as in the full-size so I think I got a good idea what this mascara is like. 

It's a light mascara and it gives lashes a defined, lengthened but not heavy appearance. See below; I have the Lights, Camera, Flashes on my right eye and bare lashes on my left. I've got two coats on my right eye below, so you can see how light this mascara is. It's perfect for a natural look and especially if you just want some definition and length. 

L-R: Deluxe, Camera, Flashes, bare lashes.

I didn't see much curling impact, though since it's not a thick, heavy mascara, my lashes held onto their curl longer with Lights, Camera, Flashes. I liked the natural definition. One thing I didn't like however, was the difficulty I had in taking it off. I use a cleansing oil which normally works well on waterproof makeup but it takes two applications to get all of the mascara off my skin.

It does go on easily and defines and lengthens well. I didn't see a great deal of thickening on my lashes with this mascara. If you're going to spend $20 on a mascara, and want something not overly dramatic, you can do worse than this one!

Grade B





No comments:

Post a Comment