Saturday, January 4, 2014

Magnetic Nude FOTD: Sensual Sparks, Autoerotique, Amorous Alloy and Silver Dawn



I was very excited about MAC's Magnetic Nude collection and still am now that I have some of the pieces in my hot little hands! I have reviewed the two eyeshadows, blush and lipstick that I picked up in past posts, and for this one, I put them all together in a look

To recap, the Magnetic Nude pieces I have are:

Silver Dawn and Amorous Alloy eyeshadows
Autoerotique blush
Sensual Sparks lipstick

For this look I also used:
MAC Silver Taupe eyeshadow (taupe with silver shimmer)
MAC Patina eyeshadow (taupe-brown with golden pearl)
MAC Furiously Fabulous eyeshadow (shimmery warm charcoal)
Jemma Kidd Define Stay-Put Eyeliner in Zodiac (black with shimmer)
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in black

(my usual base - Sleek's BB cream, OCC concealer, Pari Beauty powder)

Some close-up photos of my eyes:





How I got this look was by applying Patina to my eyelid from my lashline to my crease. I then applied Satin Taupe to the outer corner of my eyelid from my lashline to my crease. I used Silver Dawn as my crease colour and in a windshield wiper motion worked it into my crease. I tapped Amorous Alloy on top of the Satin Taupe in the outer corners and across my lid, blending it to the other side, but keeping it heaviest in the outer corner. These four eyeshadow colours work so well together. Silver Dawn and Patina are golden and Satin Taupe and Amorous Alloy have red tones to them. 

I smudged a little bit of Silver Dawn along my lower lashline, wanting to define it but keep it subtle. Silver Dawn is an excellent shade for doing that. I then lined my upper lashline with the Jemma Kidd eyeliner, which is almost but not quite black with shimmer. I didn't like the harshness of just the eyeliner so I topped it with some Furiously Fabulous which softened the colour and the line. The final step was to curl my eyelashes and apply a few coats of mascara.

I swept a teeny-tiny bit of Autoerotique onto my cheeks, just for a bit of colour and warmth, blending it along my cheekbones. 

Note: I picked up the Superb Extra Dimension Skinfinish from the Magnetic Nude collection after I did this FOTD, otherwise I would've used it on top of Autoerotique. Stay tuned for my review of Superb in a later blog post. 


This look is one of those that I was happier about in person than the way it looks in the photos. The Amorous Alloy on my eyes pops a lot more than it did in person. In person it looked more soft and smoky than it comes across in these photos.

And I think that the Sensual Sparks lipstick works with this look - it's all warm and softly shimmery. I could've worn a warm pink or plum lipstick as well. 

This look isn't one I would typically wear since it's more warm-toned than I'd usually wear, but I wanted to work with the Magentic Nude products and specifically highlight the Amorous Alloy eyeshadow. 

So there you have it, my Magnetic Nude FOTD. What do you think? 

C.

2 comments: