Monday, December 30, 2013

MAC Magnetic Nude Sensual Sparks Lipstick: Photos, Swatches and Review


MAC's Magnetic Nudes collection was made available in stores on December 26 in Canada and after seeing all the online buzz about this collection, I did what I don't normally do on Boxing Day. I went shopping. I bought a lipstick, two eyeshadows and a blush from the Magnetic Nudes collection. This post will look at the Extra Dimension Blush in Autoerotique. 

But first, MAC didn't send us the preview photos and info about this collection (or Huggable Lipcolours or Punk Couture, etc) so here is some info about this gorgeous, shimmery collection.






Glimmering metallics and natural nudes redefine winter opulence. Skin is radiant with Extra Dimension Skinfinish. Smoky eyes get a metal effect, shaded with vibrant Extra Dimension Eye Shadow. Fluidline shines with a steely touch, while Opulash provides a powerful finish. Flushed nudes in Extra Dimension Blush, Lipstick and Lipglass are subtle yet sexy, for a look that’s naturally magnetic. Apply with the 128 Split Fibre Cheek and 235 Split Fibre All Over Eye Brushes.

This collection will sell out. So if you like the sound of metallic nude shades, including peachy tones and rose-gold, get thee to a MAC counter immediately! There are tonnes of swatches online as well - check out Temptalia's reviews and photos here, and Makeup and Beauty Blog's overview here. Trust me, it's gorgeous and there's something here for 
everyone.

This post will look at the Magnetic Nude Amplified Creme Lipstick in Sensual Sparks.





Sensual Sparks is described as a dirty cool caramel. It's an orangey-brown and very creamy in consistency. 

Sensual Sparks Lipstick swatched on NW15 skintone.



I definitely don't have any colour like this in my collection. I rarely wear a "brown" shade on my lips, stick with mostly peach and pink tones when I do a nude lip. It's funny, I got this home and wondered if I mistakenly asked for this one instead of Close Contact since that one (creamy peach) is definitely more up my alley. But once on, I like Sensual Sparks (I think). There's enough peachiness to it that it doesn't fall too neutral. It's not one I will wear regularly, I don't think and I think I'll have to do makeup looks that will call on Sensual Sparks specifically since it's so different from anything I usually wear.

But less about me and more about the lipstick! It's one of MAC's Amplified Creme lipsticks which means it's very creamy in consistency, has good pigmentation and is long-wearing. It glides on beautifully and feels really good once on - creamy. There's no trace of my natural lip colour showing through. And it wears very nicely as well - I would say it lasts about 3-4 hours on.

Sensual Sparks is limited edition.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment