Monday, December 16, 2013

Dior Golden Snow EOTD

Here is breakdown of the eye look I created with Dior's holiday palette Golden Snow 5 Couleurs holiday palette.

Products used:

MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Dior 5 Couleurs Golden Snow eye shadow palette
MAC Graphblack Technakhol eye liner
Fairydrops Waterproof Mascara
Kevyn Aucoin eye lash curler
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Brunette








I first concealed with MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35 and set it with Laura Mercier Transparent Setting Powder. I then patted on Urban Decay Primer Potion to my eyelid using my finger tip. Using a flat brush I applied shade 4 all over my lid, fading and blending it out slightly above my crease. Then using a MAC 226 I applied shade 3 to my crease blending well. Using the edge of MAC 219 I mixed shades 3 and 4 together and ran that along my lower lash line. Then using a clean MAC 217 I buffed and blended all the shadows together, paying particular attention to the crease. I then lined my top lash line with MAC Graphblack and smudged the line with shade 3 and an angled brush. Lastly I loaded a MAC 242 with shade 2 and spritzed it with MAC Fix + before I packed the gold glitter onto the center of my lid. I repeated this step 2 times to get a strong glitter effect. I then finished by curling my lashes with the Kevyn Aucoin curler and gave my top lashes two coats of Fairy Drops Waterproof mascara.




.
What I like about this palette is that it combines both warm and cool tones which when layered together create some interesting depth of colour. The shadows blend beautifully together giving you a soft, smokey eye that's not too dark or dramatic.  It's a pretty, soft eye look that would be great for an evening party or romantic dinner...something a little different for the holidays!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment