Tuesday, October 1, 2013

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP Review

Although fall has just set in on the prairies, the dry air and my very dry skin have already kicked in. I'm actually surprised by how dry the skin on my body has already become - particularly on my ankles, legs and hands. My skin is so dry already it feels itchy and uncomfortable and the thermometer hasn't even slipped below 0˚C yet!




I first tried La Roche-Posay's Lipikar Baume AP in the spring when my boyfriend gave me a sample he received with the purchase of a Toleraine Ultra set. La Roche describes this product as a "lipid replenishing body balm" that has 24 hour anti-itch and anti-irritation properties and is good fro extremely dry adult or infant skin.This body balm has a very luxurious, thick texture, but it spreads easily and is not greasy or heavy feeling. I like to apply it after the shower, when my skin is still a bit damp. A little goes along way on damp skin, and it leaves my skin moisturized, comfortable and itch free all day. It has a pleasant, subtle and clean scent that won't interfere with other perfumes or scented products.

I liked the sample so much I purchased a full sized tube this summer, and I have actually tried (though in vain, I might add) to refill my little sample tube from my big tube so I can have it on hand in my handbag to use as hand lotion! This product retails for approximately $25.00 CA/200 ml, but can often be found on special at retailers such as London Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mart. Highly recommended.

Grade: A

J

No comments:

Post a Comment