Thursday, July 25, 2013

Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment Review

I have combination skin with a very oily, sometimes spotty t-zone. For many, many years I was a devotee of Clinique's Pore Minimizer T-Zone Control, a colourless mattifying gel that contained a small percentage of salicylic acid to help prevent acne. When it was discontinued around 5 years ago and my stockpile of the product had been diminished, I was forced to seek out similar products from different brands.

After years of searching, I have found my new go to mattifier, Clean & Clear's Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment. This product is by far the closest match to my old Clinique favourite, giving you a matte finish with the added bonus of 2% salicylic acid to help prevent and treat breakouts. It is also oil free and has a light texture which disappears into the skin with light massaging.

Suggested retail price is $10.99 CA for 44 ml, and I only need half a pea sized amount to cover my t-zone and chin, while a full pea sized amount would cover your whole face if needed. I use it over my moisturizer and it gives leaves my skin naturally matte for about 4-5 hours before I feel the need to blot.

Price wise this product offers excellent value at $0.25/ml versus Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector (the product which replaced my old favourite) which at $23.00 CA for 15 ml breaks down to $1.53/ml.

Besides the good performance and excellent value, I really like that this product is not heavy on silicone which makes this a good choice for oily/combination skin which breaks out with silicone.

Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment