Monday, December 24, 2012

L'Oreal Spring 2013 Preview - Visible Lift Blush in Nude Life Review, Swatches and Photos


L'Oreal's Visible Life Cream Blush is new for 2013 (available in January). Suggested retail price is $16.99 CDN.

"Creating a beautiful, health and youthful flush, the new Visible Lift colour Blush recreates volume to uplift and bring cheekbones out of hiding. Featuring Tourmaline, one of nature's most naturally energizing minerals, the newest member to the Visible Lift family of products for mature skin, adds radiance and luminosity back to aging skin. Its lightweight powder in a creamy texture never settles into fine lines. A hint of shimmer gives skin a youthful glow. It has zero talc and zero wax - just rich colour pigments in six different shades to offer a glowing, healthy flush."

The shade I had to try out is called Nude Lift and is a soft golden pink with gold sparkle and shimmer. The texture is a cream that dries to a powder finish on the skin. There's a great deal of luminousness to the blush and it applies very nicely with the fingers or a brush.



The colour is a golden pink on the skin. It's an easy colour to wear and suits my cool skintone and would work well on lighter, warm toned skin. It's quite sheer so it's best for lighter skintones. On darker skintones it'd work best as a highlighter.


Nude Lift swatched on NW15 skintone
Here is is on my cheeks, layered fairly heavily. It gives me a nice, golden, almost sunkissed flush. It's very natural and easy to wear. 

Texture-wise, it's a light cream and goes on smoothly on moisturized skin (I'm wearing Garnier BB cream underneath). Since it has a shimmer and skin-like sheen to it, it can be left alone or topped with a translucent powder or another blush colour if you need a little more colour to your cheeks.

Like many drugstore brands, there isn't a lot of pigment to this blush. There's about three layers of it on my cheeks in the photos below. If your skin is fair, like mine, or you want a very natural blush, this is recommended.



As I don't have any fine lines or wrinkles on my cheeks, I can't vouch for it's not settling into them on me. I can see this working well for women who do have wrinkles. Creams tend to work much better on  lines and wrinkles and it gives the skin a dewy flush, something that the skin naturally loses as we age.

The blush lasted quite well on my cheeks, I'd say roughly 6 hours. With a powder blush on top and a primer underneath it'd last even longer, I bet. 

This is an alright blush, although I'd call it more of a highlighter since it's got more sheen than pigment. Perhaps the other colours have more pigment. For the same price or a little more, you can find better highlighters and better blushes.

Grade: B



No comments:

Post a Comment