Tuesday, April 10, 2012

MAC Chenman Force of Love Lipstick Review and Swatches


I picked up the Force of Love lipstick from MAC's recent Chenman collaboration. Bright and bold lips are big for spring and summer and I grabbed it on a whim, without even trying it on first. 

The Chenman products all came with really lovely watercoloury-inky sleeve. Too bad it wasn't on the box itself.




Force of Love is matte and described as a vivid honeysuckle pink. It is a bold creamy pink and a creamy matte which doesn't go on dry at all and has a slight sheen when applied.

The photos below don't quite show the colour as it appears in real life. Or at least not the way I am seeing the photos. Perhaps on your screen it looks different. It's comparable to OCC's Trollop Lip Tar although more pink. It's almost coral with a touch of orange.





Swatched on my arm

I really like the texture of Force of Love. It goes on very smoothly, although you'll want to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized before wearing it. 


Here it is on me. I recently went to New York City for the first time and wore this every day. I think it's terribly chic and sophisticated. Just some clean bare skin, lots of black mascara and this pop of colour on the lips. 




This shade went quickly, so that's a clear indication that bold lips are a big trend for spring. MAC's Reel Sexy collection, in North American stores last week, has four bold shades, including Watch Me Simmer, which is a coral-pink, very comparable to Force of Love.




No comments:

Post a Comment