Friday, December 9, 2011

Soft and Sultry FOTD

I was inspired by the look of Victoria's Secret models for this. In particular, this photo:




I like the softly sultry big round eyes, warm skin and glossy lips. It's important to note how airbrushed this photo is though. I'm only guessing at the make-up look they may have used.


Here's my version, using slightly cooler colours. It's soft, sexy and simple.



On my skin is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer all over my face and MAC Studio Fix Concealer under my eyes and on any blotchy spots. I used MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Truth & Light for some sheen and as a setting powder. I used a kabuki brush to buff, buff, buff and buff some more. 

On the eyes I used a few different colours but the important step to this look is blending. Everything has to be soft and very blended.



First I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion to my eyelids and let it set. I then applied L'Oreal Couleur Infallible in Forever Pink on my eyelids, blending it up to the crease.


L'Oreal Couleur Infallible in Forever Pink
 On top I added a bit of MAC Skintone (L) eyeshadow and also to my browbone, blending it across from the corner of my eyebrow to the inner corner of my eye.



MAC Skintone (L) eyeshadow

With a long, fluffy crease brush, I applied the medium purple-brown shade from the Quartz Sally Hanson Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy palette, blending it form the outer corner of my eye, up through the crease and towards the inner edge of my eyebrow, in an angled upward curve.


Sally Hanson Natural Beauty Inspired By Carmindy medium shade in the Quartz Eye Palette
To deepen the effect, I used a touch of MAC Smut eyeshadow and then added more of each shade to get the effect I wanted. I wanted it soft, almost like a natural shadow in the crease but the sheen to each eyeshadow made it even softer.

MAC Smut eyeshadow
I used Smut along my lashline, working into the lashes and out up to the crease. I could have used a liquid eyeliner as they must do in Victoria's Secret but it would've added a hard edge to this look. For further emphasis and to add a bit of warmth and even more shimmer, I used Bare Escentuals Sex Kitten. I applied it along the lashline and up into the crease. Layered and blended and layered and blended.
Bare Escentuals in Sex Kitten
I swept the same combination of eyeshadows under my eye, very softly.



You can't have a sultry look without false eyelashes, but I wanted them to look natural. First I curled my lashes with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and then applied some delicate Ardell lashes I've had for awhile, using my Duo lash glue.

Ardell False Eyelashes in 110 Black
The lashes help to give more emphasis to the lashline, and the band on these is thin enough that I don't need liquid liner to camouflage the fact I'm wearing falsies. 

Then lots and lots of mascara - L'Oreal Voluminous mascara on the top and Clinique Bottom Lash mascara on the bottom.


L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black


Here's the side view.




Lashes!
I didn't apply anything in my brows, but I did brush them up with an eyebrow comb for a bit of a messy look. Undone is sexy. 


For a bit of shimmery glow, I used MAC Lustre Drops along the top of my cheekbone and browbone.



MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel


I chose my warmest, most shimmery, sultry blush for my cheeks.

MAC Warm Soul Blush
And finally, I chose a sheer, nude gloss for a bit of shine. I dabbed it on the centre of my lips with the tip of my finger. 

Soap & Glory Gloss in Peche

I love this look. It's a little bit retro, a whole lot seductive and really soft and pretty. It's not quite  Victoria's Secret but I love it!

Let us know what you think!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment