Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vidal Sassoon Spring 2011


 

I'm a sucker for the 1960s - the music, the culture, the movies, the makeup, the fashion and the hair. Are you kidding? The Mary Quant bob, the British Invasion, Mods, Twiggy, David Bailey, James Bond, Michael Caine, scooters, the Beatles, liquid eyeliner - come on! What's not to be obsessed with? We see it every year in the fashion trends, a designer always does mod-styling or mod-clothes and the bob haircut is never not in style.


Vidal Sassoon is known for dark, shiny, straight, sleek hair cut in geometric shapes. In 1963, he created an updated bob cut which changed the face of modern hair.

My hairstylist Matthew, who cuts hair at Parlour Salon in Toronto, was trained at Vidal Sassoon so I knew immediately when I sat down in his chair for the first time I wanted a Vidal Sassoon-style bob. I've had a slight variation on that first cut for the last year and a half. I love it.

Here's Vidal Sassoon's Spring 2011 collection. Ever-classic!








Vidal Sassoon cutting the hair of designer Mary Quant.
C.


No comments:

Post a Comment